I am interested in applying for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship-what is the time table?
gates cambridge – application timetable
There are two application cycles:
- Round 1: US citizens normally resident in the USA
- Round 2: citizens of all countries other than the USA (except the United Kingdom) and US citizens normally resident outside the USA
After you have submitted your application you and your referees will receive an email notification within 30 hours providing details on how to upload supporting documents and references. You must submit this documentation by the deadlines advertised.
We advise that begin your application as early as possible and do not leave it until the advertised date to begin your application.
|What stage?||Round 1||Round 2|
|Application deadline||15 October*||2 December*|
|Supporting documents deadline||7 days after submitting application|
|References deadline||14 days after submitting application|
|Trust shortlisting||Mid-December||Early March|
|Shortlisted candidates invited to interview||Late December||Early March|
|Interviews||Early February||Late March|
|Scholarships offered||Early February||Late March|
- Applicants should submit their application no later than midnight (UK time). The Trust cannot guarantee that applications submitted after the deadlines will be considered.
- Supporting documents (Transcripts and additional documents required by the department) must be submitted within 7 days of submitting your application.
- References (2x academic, 1x personal) must be submitted within 14 days of submitting your application.
- If required, language test scores should be submitted according to the requirements of the department.
*Note: where a course deadline is earlier than the relevant funding deadline above (e.g. the Faculty of History) the applicant must apply by the earlier course deadline.