2014 Goldwater Campus Nomination deadline is Thursday, Nov. 21!
Are you applying for nomination to the 2014 Goldwater Scholarship Competition?
This is just a friendly reminder that tomorrow, Thursday, November 21 is our deadline to be included in this year’s campus nomination process. Contact Kelly Thornburg at 319-335-1874 with any questions or concerns about the campus application or tomorrow’s deadline. Looking forward to sharing your campus apps with our Undergraduate Fellowships Committee members on Friday morning!
Important Dates │ 2014 Goldwater Scholarship Competition
- Thursday , November 21, 2013 │Deadline to apply for campus nomination
- Monday, January 27, 2014, 5:00 PM │Deadline for final online submission of nominee applications
- Thursday, January 30, 2014 │Deadline for online submission of faculty recommendations
- Late March 2014 │All nominees are notified of their final status in the competition
Key Resources │ 2014 Goldwater Scholarship Competition
- To find out more about the Goldwater Scholarship, access the foundation website here.
- To review the Goldwater Scholarship’s 2014 Bulletin of Information, click here.
- To view a list of eligible degree programs, click here.
- To download a copy of UIHP Scholarships & Fellowships Application for Campus Nomination, click here.
- To download a sample formatting for letters of recommendation for the Goldwater Scholarship, click here.
All applications for campus nomination to the 2014 Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship competition must include the following pieces:
- a complete draft of the UIHP Campus Nomination Application
- a full draft of the Goldwater Research Proposal
- at least two of the three letters of recommendation – the Undergraduate Fellowships Committee welcomes draft versions of Goldwater letters at this stage, but we do need to see text from at least two of the three faculty writers in order to evaluate the competitiveness of each applicant
- an informal transcript file will be printed by UIHP Fellowships and included in your Campus Application File.
All campus applicants MUST save each document as directed before submitting the documents electronically to email@example.com by 10:00 AM CST on Thursday, November 21, 2013.
- Submit ONLY PDF versions of each file in the order listed above to ensure complete processing.
- Each campus applicant is also required to share a FULL paper copy of their campus application with the Fellowships Director by close of business on the date of the campus application deadline.
- Applicants are required to save all application documents using the format outlined below:
- First Name.Last Name.CampusApplication.Competition.Year
- Example Formatting – Kelly.Thornburg.CampusApplication.Goldwater.2014
Questions? Concerns about the campus nomination process?
Contact Kelly Thornburg │Fellowships Director │University of Iowa Honors Program