Honors at Iowa Scholarship Competition
- Must be a member of the University of Iowa Honors Program (UIHP)
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student
- Must plan to be enrolled as a full-time student in the 2014-2015 Academic Year
- Find the UIHP Scholarship Application Instructions and Essay Prompt here
- Access the Online Application Form here │ Opens Friday, December 6, 2013
- View the list of scholarships and awards available through Honors at Iowa here
A complete application package must include the following components:
- a resume, which should not exceed more than two pages in length,
- an informal copy of the applicant’s transcript,
- one letter of recommendation from an individual who is familiar with your academic work and intellectual potential. (This letter of support MUST come from a University of Iowa faculty member, lecturer, or teaching assistant. Please note: Honors Program Professional Staff are NOT able to serve as recommenders for this competition as taking on that role may create conflicts of interest),
- and the 2014-2015 Online Application Form, which requires each applicant to respond to the following essay prompt:
First, identify and explain a question you want to answer or a problem you wish to solve within your discipline or in the world. Then describe how you would do so using the super power of your choice. Responses should not exceed 700 words.
For more direction, examples and inspiration, applicants are encouraged to look here.