Nominate a graduating senior for a Collegiate Scholar Award
Each year, Honors at Iowa invites faculty, staff and students to help identify extraordinary graduating seniors across the University of Iowa for celebration as Collegiate Scholars. This high recognition acclaims student work in and beyond the classroom, with an emphasis on the applicant’s knowledge, skill, and experience as well as outstanding academic performance, excellence within their chosen discipline(s), and any contributions made to the University community through performance, research, organizational leadership, volunteer service and intellectual or creative engagement.
Honors strongly encourages faculty, staff and student nominations for the Collegiate Scholar Awards as we hope this process creates an accessible opportunity for the acknowledgement and celebration of our top scholars and their communities of support, including the faculty, instructors, research mentors, and advisors who challenge and nurture them.
We also welcome self-nominations from students – we DO NOT require a nomination for this process and students who submit their own nomination are considered as competitive as students who do come to the competition by way of a nomination from a faculty or staff member.
Recipients will be recognized at Honors at Iowa’s annual Recognition Ceremony on April 13, 2014. In addition to being recognized by the Honors Program, their peers, faculty mentors and family members, Collegiate Scholars may also choose to be considered for the role of student speaker at this year’s Recognition Ceremony.
- To nominate a graduating senior for a 2014 Collegiate Scholar Award, click here.
- To view the opportunity profile, click here
- To see our list of past Collegiate Scholars, click here.
- Nomination forms available ∙ Tuesday, February 11, 2014
- Deadline for submission of nominations ∙ Friday, March 14 , 2014
- Announcement of 2014 Collegiate Scholars ∙ By Tuesday, March 26, 2014
- Presentation of 2013 Collegiate Scholar Awards ∙ Sunday, April 13, 2014
Nominees and applicants must be:
- Graduating seniors – Students graduating in December, May, or July of the same academic year.
- Currently enrolled as full-time students ( 12+ semester hours)
- Members of the University of Iowa Honors Program (3.33 + GPA)
Honors Contact: Kelly Thornburg, Scholarships and Fellowships Director, 431 Blank Honors Center, Iowa City, IA 52242
Call 319-335-1874 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
Please Note: This is the Collegiate Scholar Award, which is demonstrated through a gesture of recognition and not through the distribution of a monetary reward or scholarship . It is often confused with the Rhodes Dunlap Collegiate Scholarship, but the two opportunities are distinctly different forms of recognition.